Please read the terms and
conditions carefully before placing any orders on www.maxtondesign.co.uk. Once
you have placed an order via our website you are accepting our T+Cs and must
comply with the below criteria.
MAXTON DESIGN is a trading name of Maxton Design Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 09084664. Our registered address is Maxton House, 10 Thorncliffe Road, Bradford, BD8 7DD, United Kingdom.
Registration may be required if you wish to use some of the features available on this website. During registration, you are required to provide information that is true, accurate and current. If an order has been placed and this information is not current, please notify us at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be presented with two account types when registering on our website. Only select ‘dealer’ if you have completed our registration process. You can enquire about becoming an authorised dealer by contacting us at email@example.com.
Once we have received confirmation that your payment has been authorised it will be processed on the next working day. An e-mail will be sent to you to acknowledge your order, it will confirm the goods, price and delivery charge. Please note, our acceptance of your order (regardless of the content of any emails we send you) will only take place on despatch.
1. We may refuse or cancel your order if we decide it is reasonable to do so. This may include circumstances where:
1.1 We are unable to obtain authorised payment or the payment process is incomplete.
1. 2 We identify a product or pricing error on the website.
1. 3 You fail to meet any criteria for eligibility of purchase which we may impose in the future.
1. 4 We suspect that your order is related to fraudulent activity.
1. 5 You fail to submit all necessary and relevant details to allow us to fulfil the order.
1. 6 Goods have become unavailable due to failing a quality control inspection.
2. We may contact you by phone or email to verify details before we despatch your order if the following applies:
2. 1 Your order is of particularly high value.
2. 2 The shipping and billing addresses do not match.
2. 3 We have not received enough payment to ship the order i.e. The wrong state/ region was selected upon purchase.
2. 4 Changes to our
Couriers shipping policies.
We are unable to discuss orders placed through our registered dealers, any queries regarding purchases through dealers must be brought directly to their attention, we can then liaise with them directly regarding any concerns/ queries with your order.
3.1 All products must be properly inspected prior to installation, as a means to locate any possible damage or defects. Installing the product and then finding an issue may void any returns, alternatively, a partial refund may be offered.
3.2 Most of our products come with a fitting kit and manual which must be followed for correct installation. If the product you have purchased does not come with a fitting kit/manual and you are unsure about the installation process, please contact us immediately for assistance. Or, use our digital fitting manuals which can be found at the bottom of our website.
3. 3 If a customer or professional body-shop decides to install the items we are not responsible for and cannot be held liable for any costs incurred in relation to installation, repair, maintenance or removal of products supplied by Maxton Design UK or any costs associated with the effects of improper fitting or improper use.
3. 4 A test fit should be carried out before installation, if you have any fitment issues you must contact us within 7 days of receiving your order. Any information requested by us must be provided to ensure we can properly investigate and determine the issue in question, otherwise we may be inclined to dismiss the requested case/investigation.
Our office is open from Monday to Thursday between 9.00am and 4.30pm and Friday 9.00am to 3.00pm. During these hours we aim to answer all enquiries via both telephone and email. Please see advice below on our response times for different enquiries:
4. 1 General Enquiries:
We aim to respond to all general enquiries with in a 24 hour period, during peak times this may vary.
4. 2 Item Issues:
If the item you have received is not as it should be i.e. Manufacturing issue or the Incorrect item is sent, we aim to have a response within 2 working days but please allow up to 7 working days for more complex issues.
4.2.1 If a product or order arrives with you incomplete i.e without a fitting kit or not as described on our listing or it is the incorrect item, this must be brought to our attention within 2 days of delivery, failure to do so will void any compensation.
4. 3 Delivery Issues:
If you are experiencing issues with delivery i.e. The tracking is not working, the parcel is showing as signed but not received, we aim to have a response the same working day, though this can be delayed if we are awaiting a response from the courier service.
4. 4 Shipping Quotes:
If you are experiencing issues with shipping to your location on our website, please contact us with your full shipping address and a list of the product codes you are trying to order. We aim to have a response within 1-2 working days.
4. 5 Order issues:
If you believe there is an issue with your order, this is to be brought to our attention within 2 working days of delivery, otherwise we may be inclined dismiss the requested case/investigation.
5. 1 Buyers can choose from a range of payment methods when purchasing goods from us, these include: Card, PayPal or via Bank Transfer. These payment methods can be selected when placing your order on the website. Please note, similarly to PayPal, the 1.5% transaction fee charged for card payments is non refundable when cancelling an order or returning products.
5. 2 As of March 2020, PayPal now charge a non-refundable fee on all commercial transactions that ranges from 1.2% - 3.4% of the order value, plus a fixed fee depending on your payment method and location. Please see the link below for further information. So, any cancellations made after an order is placed will not receive a full refund, the above changes will be deducted from the refund amount.
We always want you to be 100% satisfied with your order, however, if you are unhappy with your order for any reason, a return request must be opened via our website. To do so you must have a registered account and the return ID must be included in the box. If you have checked out as a guest your return request must be brought to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org, A guest return must include the order number, your full name and reason for return. Returns must also meet the following criteria:
6. 1 Maxton Design Ltd is not responsible for shipping fees or lost returns. You will be refunded for the items returned, not the shipping costs or any customs/duty fees you might have incurred upon receiving or returning your order.
6. 2 All returns must be delivered to us within 30 days from the date of delivery.
6. 3 Please note that we charge a flat fee of £15.00 for returns. This fee covers the cost of restocking the products and will be deducted from your refund. The fee is charged per return.
6. 4 All items must be sent back to us in their original condition with the protective film and holographic verification sticker attached, failing to do so means the return will not be accepted.
6. 5 The majority of our items come with a fitting kit and manual, failing to return these will incur an additional £10 charge.
6. 6 Any return which has exceeded 30 days will not be accepted, if the product is sent regardless of this information the customer must then arrange collection from our store within 7 days if they would like to receive their item back.
6. 7 It may take up to 10 working days from the time of arrival for the return to be refunded.
6. 8 All clearance items are exempt from returns; you are purchasing the product with the understanding it cannot be returned.
6. 9 Please note if your order was placed with one of our dealers, the return will have to be arranged with them. You return would be at risk of refusal if sent directly to us.
7. 1 All customers receive tracking information to the email address which is provided on the order upon dispatch of the product(s), depending on the courier used, you may also receive an SMS notification.
7. 2 You must ensure somebody is present or suitable arrangements are made for when the delivery takes place. If this is not possible, using the tracking provided you can re-direct the delivery to a neighbour/ safe location. If there are any issues once the tracking is received, this must be brought to our attention within 1 working day.
7. 3 We are not responsible for items that are lost/stolen from being left at a safe place of your choice.
7. 4 Any damaged parcel enquiry brought to our attention after 5 working days from the date of delivery will be refused as to coincide with our contracted courier service policies.
7. 5 The date for delivery of the goods is not known at time of sale, any date provided is an estimate and is dependent on the provision of the goods to us by our manufacturer. We will do our best to secure delivery of the goods in time for the estimated delivery date (if any) but do not guarantee the time of delivery.
7. 6 If you are not available for the delivery of an order, depending on the courier service used, they may attempt to leave the parcel in a safe place. We are not liable for the loss of the parcel in such a case if you are not available to accept it.
7. 7 If a parcel is dispatched from our premises and the courier service is unable to deliver the item due insufficient delivery details provided by yourself, you will be contacted by the courier service to make the requested changes. If these are not made in time the parcel will be returned to us and you will be liable to cover the return cost. These funds will be deducted from the original payment and may take up to a week to process.
7. 8 It is the customers responsibility to check the duty rates for orders delivered to your country, the amount must be paid to clear the item via customs, so the courier service can continue delivery.
7. 9 Products cannot be individually packed per order. The calculated shipping cost is to ship the full order as efficiently as possible so you pay the least amount of shipping.
7. 10 If an order is returned to sender (Maxton Design UK) due to the below criteria, you will charged for the return delivery to the sender.
- Incomplete address
- Too many delivery attempts
- Refusal of parcel without damage evidence
Other reasons may need to be reviewed given the circumstances of the automatic return.